Professional Acid Washing for residential and commercial pools
At times throughout the year, pool owners may find that the interior and exterior surfaces of the pool will not meet their standards, this is because of problems such as algal buildup, bugs, and/or the aging of the pool's finish. These problems may seem costly, but they are fixable.
When you want your pool to look like new, it may be necessary to drain it and do refinishing work to the surface or as simple as doing an acid wash, which will remove most problematic buildups that can affect its appearance. This process just requires some time to complete before the pool's users can safely go swimming again.
Pool Maintaining at its finest.
Dubai Pool Care is undoubtedly one of the best pool cleaning companies that can take care of your pool giving our personal attention like it is our own and treating it with professional care. We guarantee you beyond satisfactory result as we had done with other pools and spa companies.
The Importance of Acid-Washing.
Whether you care enough for your pool or fountain or any sort not to look like a swamp, or just want to freshen it up, make it look squeaky clean, acid-wash, also known as "Drain cleaning" is your answer. Let's face it, we sometimes travel for weeks or months or the algae just simply builds up overtime, all due to improper maintenance. The acid washing process would basically remove that layer of plaster from the tiles and turn it looking new again. We do not advise getting this process done often, but when needed as you would be able to tell, it is a great idea to swim in a germ-free pool.
Getting to know a little about acid washing
it is important to know what you are looking at and what you are risking as well. You will notice your pool is in need of an Acid Wash when the water of your pool is starting to look dirty or picks out a greenish colour. This process can be done by yourself, however we do not recommend so as you could damage the plaster surface of your pool or even hurt yourself from the acid if not done cautiously or if you have never done it by yourself before.
Our Acid-Washing Process.
- First, we pour liquid chlorine directly onto the algae (The greenish stuff), then we brush the tiles with chlorine really well. This step is repeated multiple times until the pool is drained and cleaned up completely.
- Once the pool is drained, we will then begin the acid-washing process which will require us to wear the full protective gear to protect ourselves from any sort of infection.
- Muratic acid and water at the exact amount will be mixed together before we water the pool with a hose
- After watering the tiles, we will then pour the acid mixture from the top, leaving it on the plaster for no longer than 30 seconds for us to scrub and rinse thoroughly at a fast pace before moving to the next part so that the plaster won't dissolve from the acid.
- Once the acid wash is complete, we then have to immediately neutralize the pool by removing all the residue that is left at the bottom of the pool, otherwise the plaster would be ruined. We neutralize it by mixing soda ash into the acid which we will then remove using a submersible pump to carefully pump it all away.
- Lastly, we would wash the plasters thoroughly, making sure there isn't any residue left on the floor. And Voila! the shine returns.